Samoa’s new Narcotics Lab was officially opened by the Prime Minister, Tuilaepa Aiono Sailele Malielegaoi. The ceremony was presided over by the Attorney-General, Aumua Ming Leung Wai. The new laboratory is located at the Scientific Research Organisation of Samoa, and is presently equipped with capabilities to test for marijuana, but this capacity will be increased in the future to other drugs. The Australian government has contributed to the funding of the new lab. The new lab will strengthen the abilities of the Samoa police with regards to enforcement of drug laws. The opening was attended by the Ombudsman, Maiava Iulai Toma; Hai-Yuean Tualima, Human Rights Education and Communications Officer; and Melanie O’Brien, Human Rights Legal Officer.
- 13 December 2013 Samoa's National Human Rights Institution Officially Launched
- 12 December 2013 Churches need to bear witness to domestic violence
- 5 December 2013 National Human Rights Institution of Samoa to be Launched on International Human Rights Day 10 December
- 5 December 2013 Samoa Celebrates International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- 6 August 2013 Ombudsman Office at Red Cross Handbook Launch
30 July 2013 Ombudsman Office at Narcotics Laboratory Launch